- Scene Index:
- Links to the fully annotated text of Hamlet.
- Search the Text of Hamlet.
Also of interest:
- Detailed Scene Summaries:
- With many links to passages in the text.
- The Cast of Characters:
- Annotated links to all appearances of a character and all mentions of that character by other characters.
- Hamlet's Character:
- Annotated links to passages that illustrate aspects of Hamlet's complex character.
- Annotated links to passages particularly relevant to significant themes.
- Notable Quotes in Hamlet:
- Each quote is briefly explained and linked to the text, so you can see the quote in context.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Hamlet:A Q&A guide to Bradley's justly famous Shakespearean Tragedy, reprinted on another part of the Shakespeare Navigators site.
- "Hamlet and His Problems":
- T.S. Eliot's very famous (and very snotty) essay, in which Eliot defines "objective correlative" and declares that Hamlet "is most certainly an artistic failure."
- "The Oedipus-Complex as an Explanation of Hamlet's Mystery":
- Ernest Jones' extremely influential essay.
- Pages from Coleridge's Lectures and Notes on Shakspere and Other English Poets,
- in which the great Romantic poet describes Hamlet as one who thinks too much.
How to cite this site. |